Tuesday 29 November 2011

Taya Kennedy, who was born with Down's, is a modelling star

With profuse apologies to the Daily Mail - and I urge you to read their story in full - allow me to lift a substantial quotation from a proud mum, Gemma Andre, speaking about the achievement of her beautiful daughter, Taya Kennedy - both pictured right.

"I always believed my daughter was stunning but I thought, 'I’m her mum. I’m biased,'" she says.

"When the agency rang me and said, 'We want her on our books. She’s absolutely beautiful', I was delighted.

"I asked them if they were aware she had Down’s Syndrome. They said: 'It’s immaterial. We’ve accepted her.' At that moment I burst into tears. I was overjoyed, not so much because Taya was going to be a model. More importantly, she had competed on equal terms with every other child and succeeded ... "

Comments on this blog? Email them to johnsmeaton@spuc.org.uk
Sign up for alerts to new blog-posts and/or for SPUC's other email services
Follow SPUC on Twitter
Like SPUC's Facebook Page
Please support SPUC. Please donate, join, and/or leave a legacy